bg

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Austin Reggae Fest 2013

Hey everybody!
This post is from a couple months ago. I never got to posting it, because I couldn't upload the photos. So here it is, and more to come soon! :)


I went to Austin Reggae Fest, and contrary to popular belief, you DON'T have to do any drugs to have a ton of fun!
If you're wondering, the festival used to be called Marley Festival, but because of the conflict with the Marley Family, the name was changed.
Sunday, the entry was buy a ticket, get a friend in for free.  So I went with Kim, one of my new friends.  It's crazy because if you do smoke weed, there is plenty to go around.
I went walking around and met two guys, one from California and one from Chicago. It was the first time that the Chicago guy smoked weed before, so he was completely in la la land. So hilarious to watch.

I saw The Lions, a bad that were very good. They taught me how to correctly say Jamaica: like this "Ja-me-ca." You should try, it's SO fun to say.

Anyway, the star of the show was this band called Aggrolites.  I never heard of them before. They're from California, and they've done some work with Yo Gabba Gabba, the kid's show. It is so cool, that a band so cool can do something like Yo Gabba Gabba. Can you say versatile?! Here's the link. Check it out, it's pretty cool
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGPIhCyI0ik

I'm so glad that I was able to go to Reggae Fest for my first time, and even more proud of myself for being sober, while I attended.  Some might say that this is a crazy thing to say, but everyone thinks they can "peer pressure" you into doing things you might not want to do.  What better way to know you can have a great time, than by doing it sober? I met some really cool people, and recommend that if you do attend next year, be open to meeting people.  One good word of advice for meeting people is that you should be open, and say hello to everyone!
Here are some photos of the Austin Reggae Fest, and the link, if you'd like to check it out. http://austinreggaefest.com/
Enjoy the photos! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment