bg

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 9, 2019

Last bits of Chicago Summer

Brookfield ZooRunRun2019
So when I'm not pretending to be a major jetsetter, I make sure I'm traveling locally. This weekend, I went to Brookfield Zoo's "ZooRunRun" which is a 5k where you run through the zoo!
For anyone who knows me, you know I don't run, ever. But apparently, I have some pretty long legs, because I walked my way through it in 45 minutes!!
Chicago and its surrounding areas are great for 5k's, 10k's, triathlons, and so many other forms of exercise. If walking, running, or biking is your thing, here is a list of just a tiny sliver of events Chicago has to offer:

  • Walk to End Alzheimer's
  • Making Strides of Chicago (Breast Cancer)
  • Out of the Darkess (Suicide Awareness)
  • The Chicago Half Marathon
  • Allstate Hot Chocolate 15k/5k Run
  • Turkey Trot 13.1/10k/5k/1k

These are just some of the events coming up in fall. If you'll soon be visiting Chicago, you should check one out. The events range from those for charity and cause-awareness, to those that are just for fun, like that of the hot chocolate run. I know nothing should motivate me more than running for adult beverages, candy, colors, or even being with a crowd of people with the same costume on as you. Speaking of, I hear there's a Santa run here, too. There's pretty much a run or walk for anything and EVERYTHING!
So if these types of events are your thing and you're making a visit to Chicago soon, check one of these fun events out. What better way to get some exercise in AND help out a local charity?
[Are you planning a visit to Chicago soon and love to run? Send me a message and I'll let you know what's coming up around the time of your visit!]

No comments:

Post a Comment