bg

Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wimberley, Texas







This past weekend, I visited Wimberley, Texas. I was expecting it to be a cool small town, but what I wasn't expecting how nice everyone everyone would be!  Everyone says hello when you walk in.  What a welcoming feeling!

I started out at Wimberley's visitor center, but it was closed, so I decided to have lunch at Arby's.  After that, I parked and it wasn't until I got out of the car, that I realized just how fun this was going to be.

 I went to almost all of the stores in Wimberley.  Chick-a-dee, The Flying Pig, and Wall Street to Western are just a couple of stores you can find there.  I even took a break at Ino'z to take some photos of Cypress Creek, and listen to a bluegrass (or beatgrass band, as Ino'z calls it) named Lonesome G. Listening to that band, that's when I knew I was in Heaven.

With my batteries recharged, I kept exploring and found two of my new favorite stores, Magnolia Pearl and Vintage Girl, Inc.  If you know anything about me, you know I LOVE anything shabby chic, and these two stores had me head over heels in love.  Magnolia Pearl has beautiful pieces, both vintage and shabby chic.  Vintage Girl, Inc., has everything from beautiful clothing to inspiring wall art to interesting books to stunning jewelry.  I can now say I have two great new places to shop for shabby chic finds.

After going to just about every store, I decided to drive through the town one last time.  It was then that I remembered that the visitor center was open, so I decided to stop in, luckily with five minutes before they closed.  I met a man there (who's name I forget--sadly, I'm horrible with names) and his mother, who were happy to welcome me even it was just before closing time.  The woman wore a hat and a long-sleeved rhinestoned Texas button-down shirt.  She was both beautiful and adorable at the same time.  Her son was so charming, telling me that I was very pretty.  Talk about Southern Gentleman!  After talking to them for several minutes,  it was time to leave Wimberley.  It's a great small town, perfect for a day trip if you don't want to travel too far from Austin.

If you'd like more info, check out www.wimberley.org. You won't be disappointed with this beautiful, quaint town.  I know I'm going to be back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment